YOUR TEAMS DON’T get out of Ulster much but they are summers to remember when they do.
21. You were miffed at John Maughan’s tip of the hat to Mayo in 2001
The cap reads ‘Mayo Civil Defence’. The smile reads ‘victory’. (©INPHO/Morgan Treacy)
You forgave him that day because you had just defeated a Donegal team that featured Jim McGuinness.
20. Bertie Fisher tore up your road in 1997
YouTube credit: rallyboy1971
19. You can’t show your face in London for at least five years
25 June, 2011 is a day you wish you could forget. (©INPHO/Gerry McManus)
18. You gave Nick Faldo tips on designing the Lough Erne golf course
Four years before the G8, two of the world’s finest meet for ‘Duel in the Lough’. (©INPHO/Presseye/Darren Kidd)
17. You’re not entirely convinced that this was over the line
A let-off for Enniskillen’s finest, Roy Carroll:
YouTube credit: JensonsBeard
16. Forget the boxers, it’s all about Gavin Noble at Rio 2016
London 2012 was just a warm-up for the triathlete. (©INPHO/Photosport/Anthony Au-Yeug)
15. You tell everyone that injuries stopped this man from claiming 10 All-Stars
Accolades in 2004 and 2006 are good going all the same. (©INPHO/James Crombie)
14. You taught Kyle Lafferty everything he knows about free-kicks…
But you distance yourself from his celebration routines.
13. You remember when Fr Brian D’Arcy photo-bombed Dom in 2003
Next round of the ’03 Qualifiers, here we come. (©INPHO/Morgan Treacy)
12. You’ll never forget the time Muhammad Ali paid a visit
The Louisville Lip was visiting his old friend and long-time supporter, Paddy Monaghan, a bare-knuckle boxer who retired from pugilism undefeated. (©INPHO/Andrew Paton)
11. This made you laugh before the 2008 Ulster Final Replay
10. You weren’t laughing when Armagh took their second chance
Tommy McElroy reflects on Armagh’s win in the replay. (©INPHO/James Crombie)
You still can’t believe, to this day, how many frees the lads put wide.
10. Sebastien Loeb burned rubber up your back lane in 2009.
Ah, it’s yer man… that World Rally guy. (©INPHO/Cathal Noonan)
9. You’re not sure what to make of this guy yet
After all, he hurt you on so many occasions in the past. (©INPHO/Presseye/Russell Pritchard)
8. You’ve done a 360 on Lough Erne (or watched someone else do it)
YouTube credit: FermanaghTV
7. You take a hurling loss as personally as Barry Smith
2008: Defeat to Tyrone. (©INPHO/PRESSEYE/Russell Pritchard)
2012: Defeat to Tyrone. (©INPHO/Ryan Byrne)
6. And you wish Sean Ó hAilpín had convinced his sons to play for the Maguire County
The patriarch of the dual-star family is from your county. (©INPHO/Patrick Bolger)
5. You raised a toast to the Ladies Football team in 2007
The Division 3 title enjoyed a lovely year doing the rounds in the Lake County. (©INPHO/Dan Sheridan)
4. You felt like Charlie Mulgrew after qualifying for the All-Ireland semis in 2004
You did it Charlie. 0-12 to 0-11 against Armagh and Tom Brewster was the hero. (©INPHO/Morgan Treacy)
The last time Fermanagh had got to the semi-finals was 1914 but they were replaced by Monaghan as there was no evening trains to get them back on Sunday night.
3. However, the Mayo super subs then broke your heart
YouTube credit: Bryansford Gael
James Sherry’s goal had you screaming during the All-Ireland semi-final replay but Mayo finished stronger.
2. Playing sports outside was not always possible
Sign liable to be accurate. (Paul Faith/PA Wire)
1. You once sported a Cormac McAdam ‘do
The keeper’s hair was a distraction for would-be goalscorers in the roaring 90s. (©INPHO)