THERE’S BEEN A bit of a furore in GAA circles this week, as Dublin club St Brigid’s particularly strict player-coach contract was the talk of Twitter.
Some clauses that players were being asked to sign included “All holidays must be agreed in advance with management and only taken during breaks in the season” and “I will go into the clubhouse with my teammates after every game.”
Laois GAA club Crettyard must have spotted this, because last night they released their own version - and it’s gas
Some very important clauses include:
- Each week on a rotational basis a player must bring the PRO (Public Relations Officer) a snackbox down training
- Anybody who takes more than their share of sausages/goujons after a match will run laps
- Attendance of Electric Picnic this year has been banned. Nathan Carter’s concerts have been approved with the manager’s consent
- Any player under the age of 30 who sits in ‘Hosey’s Corner’ will be made sing ‘Thunderstruck’ at this year’s fundraiser
- Anybody who posts on social media and does not finish their post with #HonTheYard will be banned from the club for life
#HonTheYard for putting this together. A successful 2017 undoubtedly awaits.
Written by David Elkin and posted on DailyEdge.ie