EVERY WEEKDAY MORNING, TheScore.ie brings you the stories you need to know before 9am.
1. #TRAPATTONI Giovanni Trapattoni will this morning name his squad for the Republic of Ireland’s game against the Czech Republic on 29 Feburary, the first of three Euro 2012 warm-up matches.
Derry youngster James McClean could feature in Trap’s plans; the Sunderland player finally received FIFA clearance for his switch from Northern Ireland yesterday evening.
2. #SIX NATIONS Declan Kidney and the Irish rugby team fly out to Paris later today ahead of their Six Nations clash with France tomorrow evening.
Yesterday, Kidney announced a team which sees just one change from the side which lost 23-21 to Wales on opening weekend; Keith Earls replaces Fergus McFadden at outside centre.
Here’s what Sean Farrell had to say about Kidney’s team selection yesterday.
3. #DUBAI Rory McIlroy has powered into the clubhouse lead after a brilliant morning at the Dubai Desert Classic. McIlroy carded seven birdies and no bogeys for a round of 65, moving him to 13-under-par at the halfway stage, two shots clear of Martin Kaymer.
4. #ALLIANZ FOOTBALL LEAGUE Dublin have made just one change for their trip to Mayo tomorrow evening, with Darren Daly coming in for Michael Fitzsimons at corner back.
Aiden O’Mahony and Anthony Maher are named in Jack O’Connor’s starting XV for their game against Armagh, while goalkeeper Alan Quirke and full-forward Colm O’Neill both start for Cork against Down.
We’ll have full team news for all the counties later.
5. #PRO12 Leinster consolidated their place on top of the RaboDirect Pro12 last night with a 42-8 win over Benetton Treviso in the RDS — who said you’ll win nothing with kids? If you missed the action, here’s the liveblog.
Tonight, Ulster host the Dragons (19:05) while Connacht travel to Cardiff to face the Blues (19:30).
6. #DAVIS CUP Louk Sorensen and Conor Niland will both be in singles action for Ireland against Hungary on the first day of the 2012 Davis Cup. Action in Szeged gets underway at 14:00 GMT this afternoon.