1. #GAA We had a very busy weekend of championship action. Yesterday, the hurlers took centre stage.
2. #DRAW Afterwards, the draw for the next stage of the football championship. Munster champions Kerry will play Limerick, a side they have already beaten in this year’s championship, while Dublin will face the winners of the Roscommon/Tyrone qualifier. Connacht champions Mayo, meanwhile, have been drawn against Cork.
Kildare face Ulster kingpins Donegal in what is perhaps the pick of the draw. Check out the details here.
3. #COPA AMERICA Uruguay won a record 15th continental title with a victory over Paraguay in Buenos Aires last night. Luis Suarez opened the scoring before Diego Forlan bagged a brace.
4. #SPL Celtic got their new Scottish Premier League campaign off to a winning start on Sunday.
Ireland striker Anthony Stokes fired the Bhoys in front at Hibs with just 14 minutes on the clock after keeper Graham Stack allowed a Kris Commons’ cross through his grasp with his compatriot lurking in the box and ready to slot the ball home.
Ki Sung-Yueng doubled Celtic’s advantage after the break with a stunning left-foot strike.
5. #F1 Lewis Hamilton won a thrilling German Grand Prix yesterday. He held off challenges from Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso and Mark Webber of Red Bull for his second victory of the season.
6. #BAD BOY Mario Balotelli was hauled off by Roberto Mancini yesterday after he tried this back heel when through on goal. The Italian said he thought he was offside. Was the manager right?