- Irish golf legend Christy O’Connor Jnr has died at the age of 67.
- Tributes have poured in for the Ryder Cup hero from the golfing world.
- Joe Schmidt has brought in former England defence coach Andy Farrell as Les Kiss’ successor.
- League of Ireland club Cabinteely have offered players from their U19 team free Leaving Certificate grinds.
- Leinster winger Fergus McFadden has been handed a three-week ban for stamping on Connacht’s Nathan White.
- Jared Payne has been drafted into Ulster’s Champions Cup squad as he continues his return from injury.
- But Tommy Bowe has ruled himself out of the Six Nations through injury.
- The Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland football teams are set to be invited to a civic reception in Belfast.
- Cricket Ireland have accepted an invite from the ICC to send a team to the upcoming Under 19 World Cup.
- Pep Guardiola won’t be managing Manchester United anytime soon, according to reports.
- Everton manager Roberto Martinez says there are ‘no developments’ on Aiden McGeady’s future at Goodison Park.
- Jurgen Klopp has completed his first signing as Liverpool manager with the capture of Serbian teenager Marko Grujic.
- Eva Carneiro‘s case for constructive dismissal against Chelsea started at the London South Employment Tribunal today.
- The storm surrounding cricketer Chris Gayle over an attempt to flirt with an Australian presenter on live TV intensified today.
The Best Thing We Shared
Such is the cut-throat nature of professional sport, you don’t see acts of sportsmanship like this too often. We applaud you Jack Sock.Source: Dave Ward/YouTube
On The Record
“I’ve never heard anything so ludicrous in my life. It’s a fantasy story with absolutely no truth whatsoever.”
Gary Neville laughed off reports suggesting his appointment as Valencia manager was all a PR stunt.
Where We Were Today
Murray Kinsella was down in Limerick was Munster continued their preparations ahead of the weekend’s trip to Paris.
The Fixture List
- In the Walsh Cup, Dublin face UCD at Belfield (7.30pm).
- Your Thursday football fix comes in the form of the League One clash between Wigan Athletic and Gillingham (7.45pm).
Conor McGregor‘s tattoos are on point in the UFC’s new video game but we’re not sure about the face.Source: EA SPORTS/YouTube