- Conor McGregor has responded angrily to some of the reaction to his first-ever UFC loss at the weekend, exclaiming: “Thank you to the true support and fuck the hate that came out of the woodwork.”
- Cork hurler Mark Ellis will be sidelined for the remainder of his side’s league campaign, after breaking his arm against Dublin at the weekend.
- Irish tighthead Conor Carey has joined Connacht from English Championship outfit Nottingham.
- Tommy O’Donnell was the only absentee from Ireland training today, while Munster’s Jack O’Donoghue was added to the squad.
- Rory McIlroy finished third at the WGC-Cadillac Championship, after blowing a three-shot lead.
- NFL star Peyton Manning has officially announced his retirement.
- Former Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro reportedly wants a public apology from Jose Mourinho.
- Crystal Palace defender Damien Delaney has criticised the penalty decision that went against him at the weekend in a detailed Instagram post.
- Maria Sharapova has admitted to failing a drugs test at the Australian Open.
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger claims “fan unrest” could cost his side the title.
The Best Thing We Shared
This Miami Heat mascot’s antics will give you a laugh.
Where we were today
Sean Farrell was at Carton House for the Ireland rugby press conference earlier.
On The Record
“I heard a lot of people saying the results on Wednesday night went in our favour, but I was playing Call Of Duty on the PlayStation.”
Jamie Vardy prefers playing computer games to watching football matches.
The Fixture List
- One All-Ireland Post-Primary Schools Croke Cup (SAHC) quarter-final takes place – Ardscoil Rís v Kilkenny CBS, Templemore, 4pm.
- There is one FA Cup replay happening, with Hull up against Arsenal.
- There are two Champions League Round of 16 games taking place — Real Madrid v Roma and Wolfsburg v Gent.
Ireland’s Jack Byrne featured in the latest Eredivisie team of the week.
The whistling championships!
The42 is on Snapchat! Tap the button below on your phone to add!