NEED TO CATCH up? TheScore.ie brings you a round-up of today’s sports news…
- Colombia recorded a 2-1 win over the Ivory Coast thanks to goals from James Rodriguez and Juan Quintero.
- Luis Suarez starts for Uruguay in their clash against an unchanged England in Sao Paulo at 8pm. Follow the game with our liveblog here.
- Japan v Greece is the third game of the night. It kicks off at 11pm.
- Mikko Ilonen leads the Irish Open after the first round while Padraig Harrington is best of the Irish with Rory McIlroy struggling at Fota Island.
- Noel Galvin will be handed his championship debut for Cork on Saturday after being named in the team to face Tipperary.
- Athletics Ireland has confirmed that an Irish athlete has failed a drugs test.
- Irish jockey JT McNamara has returned home to Limerick 15 months after a serious fall at Cheltenham which left him paralysed.
- 3e has confirmed that it will show the UFC Dublin event live on 19 July, while Irish fighter Cathal Pendred has been added to the card.
- Sligo Rovers manager Ian Baraclough has left the SSE Airtricity League side after a poor run of the results.
- The Aidan O’Brien-trained Leading Light, ridden by son Joseph O’Brien, claimed victory in the Ascot Gold Cup.
- Former Donegal footballer Mark McHugh will play for New York-based club Donegal in the US this summer.
- One Direction star Louis Tomlinson has completed a takeover of Championship football club Doncaster Rovers.
The best thing we shared
Croatia’s Ivan Rakotic and Stephane Mbia of Cameroon swap shorts after their World Cup group game in the early hours of this morning.
Where we were today
Fintan O’Toole was at the Gibson Hotel to speak to Dublin’s Jim Gavin and Michael Dara Macaulay.
The fixture list
Japan face Greece in the late match (11pm) in Natal with both Group C sides aiming to bounce back from defeats in their opening games.
Tomorrow, we’ve got Italy v Costa Rica at 5pm before Group E’s top two Switzerland and France meet at 8pm, then Honduras take on Ecuador.
The Colombian team have already claimed the prize for best dance routine at this World Cup.
“What’s a Tinder?”