- Conor McGregor has taken a tumble in the latest UFC pound-for-pound rankings.
- Jared Payne is set to return to the Ireland side ahead of their Six Nations clash with Italy.
- Ireland’s cricketers have suffered a shock loss to Oman in today’s World Twenty20 clash.
- The Euro 2016 ticket resale platform opened earlier today.
- Colaiste Iognaid this afternoon reached the Connacht Schools Senior Cup final.
- It’s been confirmed that six arrests were made following fan trouble at last week’s Sligo Rovers-Shamrock Rovers game.
- Bertram Allen has secured Ireland an Olympic spot in show jumping.
- England’s in-form hooker Jamie George looks set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines.
- Theo Walcott has revealed Arsenal held a players-only meeting to address their recent problems.
- Chinese side Guangzhou Evergrande are now the ‘world’s most valuable club,’ according to the news agency Xinhua.
- There was good news for Premier League fans, after it was announced that a £30 cap on away tickets will come into place for the next three seasons.
- It’s been confirmed that Ronan O’Gara is set to stay in his coaching role at Racing Metro until at least 2019.
- Ex-WADA chief Dick Pound has described Maria Sharapova’s failed drug test fiasco as ‘reckless beyond description’.
The Best Thing We Shared
Check out this sneak peak of Aidan O’Shea’s American Football experiment.
On The Record
I think that’s more mental then anything because we’ve done a lot of good things before today and if we get that right and come back fresh on Friday then as long as Oman lose a game then it’s still in our own hands.”
Irish cricketer William Porterfield is remaining upbeat despite the team’s shock loss to Oman today.
The Fixture List
- There’s a full round of Europa League fixtures tomorrow, including Man United v Liverpool.
Barcelona’s new stadium plans look pretty impressive.
The42 is on Snapchat! Tap the button below on your phone to add!