- Jordan Larmour’s second-half brace handed Ireland U20s a thrilling Six Nations win in Italy.
- Shane Lowry and Seamus Power are just two shots back at rain-hit Pebble Beach.
- Ireland have called on James Tracy as cover after captain Rory Best was hit by a stomach bug.
- There has been strong support for a petition to stop TG4 axing Seó Spóirt with GAA stars criticising the decision.
- Leinster and Connacht have all named their teams for their upcoming Pro12 clashes.
- Gareth Bale looks set to be fit for Wales’ crucial World Cup qualifier with Ireland in March.
- Liverpool FC have banned The Sun’s reporters from the club over the paper’s infamous Hillsborough coverage.
- Back spasms have forced Tiger Woods to withdraw from the next two PGA events.
- Caster Semenya is in line to belatedly take London 2012 gold after another Russian athlete was banned.
- Michael Conlan’s Olympic rival has turned pro — and they’re already talking about an epic showdown.
The Best Thing We Shared
‘They got Tom Brady though’ – even at 21-0 up, one Atlanta player was still nervous in last Sunday’s Super Bowl.
Where We Were Today
Murray Kinsella is in Rome, as Ireland prepare to face Italy in the Six Nations this weekend.
On The Record
It’s not easy for a Catalan guy to go to Germany after they had won a treble and have to learn Deutsch and get involved in that culture. And he helped me a lot – on and off the pitch. He was one of the most fantastic players I ever trained in my life. Even talking about the most intelligent players – he is one of them. Football is going to miss one of the best players I’ve ever seen. He can play in ten positions – no problems – because he understands the game perfectly.
Man City boss Pep Guardiola pays glowing tribute to the soon-to-be-retired Bayern Munich star Philipp Lahm.
The Fixture List
- There’s another round of Six Nations action. Italy v Ireland (2.30) and Wales v England (4.50) take place on Saturday, while France face Scotland (3pm) on Sunday.
- The Six Nations is not the only rugby this weekend, with plenty of AIL, Women’s Six Nations, schools rugby, UBL and Pro12 action to look forward to.
- There are nine Premier League games this weekend, with Liverpool v Tottenham on Saturday evening the standout match.
- Shane Lowry, Padraig Harrington and Seamus Power are among the players competing in the Pebble Beach pro-am.
- It’s a busy weekend in GAA, with Dublin v Tyrone and Kerry v Mayo among the games in Division 1.
- There’s horse racing at Newbury, with the Gold Cup race taking place at 2.25pm.
- UFC 208 gets underway on Saturday night/Sunday morning, as Holly Holm prepares to fight Germaine de Randamie.
Check out our video on the key to clean eating with Leinster and Dublin GAA nutritionist Daniel Davey.Source: The42.ie/YouTube
The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!