BE PART OF THE TEAM

Access exclusive podcasts, interviews and analysis with a monthly or annual membership

Become A Member
Dublin: 5°C Thursday 4 March 2021
Advertisement

No Real Madrid offer for Bale, says agent

You can chill out if your nickname is AVB.

Image: Stephen Pond/PA Wire/Press Association Images

REAL MADRID HAVE not made an approach to sign Gareth Bale, the Tottenham player’s agent has revealed.

The 23-year-old rose to global prominence with a stellar 26-goal 2012-13 campaign and the Welshman has subsequently been linked with a move away from the Premier League.

Bale was crowned PFA Player of the Year and landed a host of other awards, underlining his importance to the White Hart Lane outfit.

But their failure to secure a UEFA Champions League berth has led to increased speculation over the future of their star player – with the Bernabeu tipped as a likely destination for Bale.

However, Jonathan Barnett, Bale’s agent, has insisted that La Liga club have not table an offer. “Bale has not said no or yes,” he told MARK Futboleros.

“There’s no offer from Madrid; they have to talk between themselves and we will see what happens.”

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has previously insisted that Bale would not be going anywhere.

“We have the pledge of the chairman that Bale is not going to leave the club,” the Portuguese told Marca last month.

Dortmund confirm the capture of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Liverpool’s awful new third kit… complete with odd socks

About the author:

TheScore Team

Read next:

COMMENTS (1)