This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 13 °C Tuesday 23 October, 2018
Advertisement

Juventus confirm imminent Dani Alves exit as Man City move nears

The right-back has agreed a two-year contract with Pep Guardiola’s side.

Dani Alves has impressed since joining Juventus.
Dani Alves has impressed since joining Juventus.

JUVENTUS CEO GIUSEPPE Marotta has confirmed Dani Alves is set to leave the club, as Manchester City are poised to sign him.

The right-back has agreed a two-year contract with City, with only his contract in Italy delaying the deal.

But Juve have revealed they will not stand in the 34-year-old’s way as he aims to leave Turin with a year still left on his contract.

The Brazil international had angered fans of the Italian champions last week by stating star striker Paulo Dybala would need to leave to fulfil his potential.

However, Marotta insists there is no bitterness between Juve and Alves, revealing the club would allow him to leave this close-season.

It is not a falling out, motivation is crucial to all players,” Marotta told reporters.

“Dani Alves has realised that he wants to try a different experience, we will consensually rescind the contract and we wish him all the best.

Sure there is bitterness for what he has said, but I confirm that there has been no fall out.”

Alves has only spent one year at Juventus, winning Serie A and the Coppa Italia, while the club lost out to Real Madrid in the Champions League final earlier this month.

He had previously spent eight seasons with Barcelona, winning LaLiga six times and the Champions League on three occasions.

Alves will add to the signings of Bernardo Silva and Ederson at City.

Pep Guardiola was keen to add another right-back to his squad following the exits of Bacary Sagna and Pablo Zabaleta.

The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!

Chelsea’s Robert Lewandowski chase ignites subdued transfer window>

Donnarumma’s brother-in-law says he received death threats after Instagram post>

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

About the author:

The42 Team

Read next:

COMMENTS (8)

This is YOUR comments community. Stay civil, stay constructive, stay on topic. Please familiarise yourself with our comments policy here before taking part.
write a comment

    Leave a commentcancel