- Chris Fields is set to feature in the main event at Bellator 173 next month.
- Connacht’s Ultan Dillane and Jack Carty will return to action sooner than expected which will alleviate the club’s injury crisis.
- The Donegal footballers have lost some key players today. Rory Kavanagh, Christy Toye and David Walsh have all called time on their inter-county career.
- Tryone’s Connor McAliskey is set to miss the entire 2017 season with a cruciate injury.
- Bernard O’Byrne of Basketball Ireland, has been nominated as a contender for the Olympic Council of Ireland presidency.
- The leader of the UK Labour Party Jeremy Corbyn has criticised how much footballers earn and has called for a national wage cap.
- The famous English racecourse, Kempton Park, is set to be bulldozed for housing.
- Maria Sharapova is set to make her return to tennis this April after a 15-month doping suspension.
- FIFA council have unanimously approved proposals for a 48-team World Cup.
- Man United and Man City have been reportedly linked with Tottenham full-backs Kyle Walker and Danny Rose.
The Best Thing We Shared
Here’s Finn Bálor being a total gentlemen to a nervous young fan who wanted to ask him a question.
On The Record
Rory McIlroy has revealed that he is unlikely to participate in the 2020 Olympics.
More likely than not, I won’t be going to the Games in 2020 just because of my personal feelings towards – not the Olympic Games, the Olympic Games are great and I think that golf in the Olympic Games is fantastic. But, for me, it’s just something that I don’t want to get into. It’s a personal choice and hopefully people will respect that decision.”
Where We Were Today
Ryan Bailey spoke to Irish athlete Fionnuala McCormack and Kevin O’Brien attended the launch of a GAA/GPA/ESRI research project, which aims to uncover the demands placed on GAA players.
The Fixture List
- There’s plenty of GAA action coming up tomorrow night. In the O’Byrne Cup, Wicklow take on Laois, while Dublin face UCD. In the McGrath Cup, Limerick host Clare and Tipperary are down to play Cork. The Dr Harty Cup quarter-finals will also take place tomorrow. De La Salle (Waterford) face Nenagh CBS while Árdscoil Rís are paired with Midleton CBS.
- Meanwhile in Football, Southampton will take on Liverpool in the semi-final of the Football League Cup.
When your dog wants some attention but your strength and conditioning game is on fire. Frank Lampard did his best to resist distractions.
The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!