DUBLIN CLUB SIDE St Brigid’s are taking plenty of heat on social media after a player-coach contract proposed by the management was leaked on Twitter.
The 2003 Leinster club champions haven’t been crowned kingpins of Dublin since 2011, and this year they’ve requested each player sign the contract which outlines 16 key requirements.
According to the document, failure to abide by the rules will result in a player being removed from the panel.
The rules in full:
- I will respond to all notifications on Teamer
- I will come to all games and training on time
- I will tog out in the dressing room beforehand and go back to it afterwards
- I will notify my coach in advance if I cannot attend training or team-related activities
- All holidays must be agreed in advance with management and only taken during breaks in the season
- All team events are compulsory unless agreed in advance with management
- I will be available for all league games, unless agreed in advance with management
- I will attend all club matches (whether I am playing or not) unless I have the prior permission of management
- I will give 100% at each and every training session
- I will make all sacrifices required to make St Brigid’s, my team and myself succeed
- I will congratulate my teammates chosen on match days, if I am not in the starting team I will encourage them on the pitch and be ready to give my all for the team if called upon
- I agree to play for whichever Brigid’s team I am asked to line out for
- I will go into clubhouse (sic) with my teammates after every game
- I will wear my Brigid’s training gear to all sessions and full tracksuit to all matches
- I will be rostered to help out with the Brigid’s Academy
- I will bring a positive attitude and influence to the group
- I will give every last bit of effort for this team while enjoying it and we will have the craic along the way!!!
St Brigid’s lost to Ballymun Kickhams by 1-16 to 0-13 in the last 16 of the 2016 Dublin SFC.
Paddy Andrews, Emlyn Mulligan and Shane Supple all play their club football with the Castleknock-based outfit.
The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!