1. #CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City beat Villrreal 3-0 away from home to go second in their group last night.
Bayern Munich are three points clear after they won at home to Napoli, 3-2.
Back in Manchester, United beat Otelul Galati 2-0 thanks to strikes from Antonia Valencia and a late, deflected Wayne Rooney goal, who played in midfield throughout.
Elsewhere, Real Madrid booked their passage through with a win in Lyon. Check out how it all unfolded here.
2. #GOLF Keegan Bradley is out in front at the WGC-HSBC Champions in Shanghai after a seven under 65. Graeme McDowell is three under.
3. #EURO 2012 John O’Shea is two or three weeks away fitness according to Sunderland officials, meaning he will miss the European Championship play-offs with Estonia.
The former Manchester United man picked up a hamstring injury while in action for the Black Cats last weekend.
4. #INTERNATIONAL RULES GAA president Christy Cooney told RTÉ’s Brian Carthy at this morning’s media briefing that he has recieved no indication that this year’s compromise series will be the last.
There was been some debate Down Under given the relative lack of interest in Melbourne last week as well as the absence of the AFL’s top stars. But Cooney insists his Aussie counterparts are committed to the arrrangement.
5. #CRICKET Three of the world’s top cricketers are facing possible jail terms today when they are sentenced for spot-fixing.
Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir were found guilty on Tuesday of deliberately bowling no-balls in the Lord’s Test against England last summer. The face a maximum five years in prison.
6. #EUROPA LEAGUE Shamrock Rovers continue their European adventure tonight when they host PAOK Salonika at Tallaght Stadium.
The Hoops will hope to earn their first, lucrative, group points against the Greeks. Kick off is 6pm and we’ll liveblog the action throughout.