TIPPERARY’S CATHAL BARRETT will make his first start of the year in Sunday’s Allianz Hurling League semi-final against Wexford.
After coming on as a replacement in the quarter-final victory over Offaly, he is back in Michael Ryan’s starting XV and slots into his usual corner-back role after an ankle injury kept him on the sidelines since late last year.
There’s one more change in defence as Michael Cahill takes the number four jersey.
Elsewhere, All-Ireland winning captain Brendan Maher is also back after injury and starts alongside Jason Forde in midfield.
Meanwhile, John ‘Bubbles’ O’Dwyer has lost his battle to be fit for the weekend clash and Steven O’Brien deputises at half-forward.
The game throws in at Nolan Park at 4pm on Sunday.
Tipperary team to face Wexford in Allianz League semi-final:
1. Darren Gleeson (Portroe)
2. Cathal Barrett (Holycross-Ballycahill)
3. James Barry (Upperchurch-Drombane)
4. Michael Cahill (Thurles Sarsfields)
5. Seamus Kennedy (St. Marys)
6. Ronan Maher (Thurles Sarsfields)
7. Padraic Maher (Thurles Sarsfields – Capt)
8. Brendan Maher (Borris-Ileigh)
9. Jason Forde (Silvermines)
10. Dan McCormack (Borris-Ileigh)
11. Niall O’Meara (Kilruane MacDonaghs)
12. Steven O’Brien (Ballina)
13. Noel McGrath (Loughmore-Castleiney)
14. John McGrath (Loughmore-Castleiney)
15. Seamus Callanan (Drom & Inch)