DUBLIN MANAGER GER Cunningham has named a new-look line-up for his side’s Allianz Hurling League opener against Tipperary this evening.
With several experienced members of the panel unavailable through injury, Cunningham’s hand has been forced for the Division 1A clash at Semple Stadium.
Long-term absentees Paul Schutte, Ryan O’Dwyer, Peter Kelly and Niall Corcoran are all unavailable while Liam Rushe is suspended and Shane Durkin is instead togging out for Ballyboden St Enda’s in their All-Ireland club semi-final.
It means Eoghan O’Donnell will start at right half-back in a youthful line alongside Chris Crummey and Shane Barrett.
Paul Ryan, Eamonn Dillon and Cuala’s David Treacy will hope to continue their impressive early season form.
The action gets underway in Thurles at 7pm.
Dublin (v Tipperary):
1. Conor Dooley (Ballyboden St Enda’s)
2. Joey Boland (Na Fianna)
3. Cian O’Callaghan (Cuala)
4. Oisín Gough (Cuala)
5. Eoghan O’Donnell (Whitehall Colmcille)
6. Chris Crummey (Lucan Sarsfields)
7. Shane Barrett (Na Fianna)
8. Niall McMorrow (Ballyboden St Enda’s)
9. Johnny McCaffrey (Lucan Sarsfields)
10. Daire Plunkett (St Brigid’s)
11. Eamonn Dillon (Nh Fionnbarra)
12. David Treacy (Cuala)
13. Paul Ryan (Ballyboden St Enda’s)
14. David O’Callaghan (Ballyboden St Enda’s)
15. Mark Schutte (Cuala)
The42 is on Snapchat! Tap the button below on your phone to add!