This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 6 °C Wednesday 19 December, 2018
Advertisement

Bealham signs three-year contract extension

Connacht’s 24-year-old prop will be hoping to build on last year’s successful run.

Australian-born prop Finlay Bealham.
Australian-born prop Finlay Bealham.
Image: James Crombie/INPHO

CONNACHT PROP FINLAY Bealham has signed a contract extension that will keep him at the Sportsground until at least 2019.

The 24-year-old prop, who made his international debut during this year’s Six Nations, was the only Connacht player to feature for Connacht in all 31 games of this year’s Guinness PRO12 and European Challenge Cup games.

Head coach Pat Lam said :”From day one, I’ve been impressed with Finlay’s attitude and desire to continuously learn on and off the pitch. He is a real team man and extremely popular among our squad”.

As part of the Connacht team last year, Bealham was a constant feature in the province’s first ever trophy win, the Guinness PRO12, last year.

“This place has become home for me over the last five years and I’m loving my rugby here.  It’s been a great few years, with last season an obvious stand out. Pulling on the Ireland jersey in the same season as winning the Guinness PRO12 with my team mates will live long in the memory”, he said.

Bealham is Australian-born, although his grandmother came from Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh.

The42 is on Snapchat! Tap the button below on your phone to add!

‘I would love to play with Bundee in the green shirt’ – Leinster’s Henshaw

‘If we do the same things we did last year, we won’t be in the top six’

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

About the author:

Eoin Lúc Ó Ceallaigh

Read next:

COMMENTS (7)