- Stephanie Roche was on target for Ireland today, as new manager Colin Bell got his tenure off to a winning start.
- Paddy Jackson has signed a new contract with Ulster, which will keep the out-half with the province for at least two more years.
- Cork’s PBC are one step away from a first Munster Schools Senior Cup title since 2010, after defeating Bandon Grammar School today.
- Rory McIlroy has elaborated on his reasons for playing a round of golf with US President Donald Trump.
- The Club Players Association (CPA) is not ruling out the possibility of strike action following the controversial developments at GAA Congress last weekend.
- Connacht’s Cian Kelleher is likely to be sidelined with a hamstring injury until at least April.
- Georges St-Pierre is making a return to the UFC, where he will fight reigning middleweight champion Michael Bisping.
- Olympic champion Michael Phelps believes he has never competed in an international race completely free of doping cheats.
- The Black Ferns will host six winter warm-up Tests ahead of the 2017 World Cup in Ireland.
- Former All Black Ali Williams has been stripped of his ambassadorial role with Racing 92 after being arrested on suspicion of possessing cocaine.
- Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says that no decision will be made on Daniel Sturridge’s future at Anfield until the end of the season.
The Best Thing We Shared
This little dude saved the day when a basketball got stuck.
Where We Were Today
Steve O’Rourke spoke to Paul McGinley at Sky Sports’ 2017 Masters coverage preview event.
Ben Blake was at Tallaght Stadium, where Shamrock Rovers boss Stephen Bradley spoke to the media along with Simon Madden and Danny Devine.
Paul Dollery interviewed Josh Clark at the Hilton Garden Hotel ahead of his Cage Warriors 81 main event against Karl Moore this weekend.
Alan Waldron spoke to Dan Leavy and Josh van der Flier at the launch of the #FuelThe4th Life Style Sports event in the RDS.
Sinead Farrell spoke to leading female Parkour athlete Katie McDonnell, who was in Dublin to launch Lucozade Sports’ new ‘Made to Move Sessions’.
On The Record
Kevin Kilbane has strongly criticised boxing star David Haye for how he spoke at an event to promote his upcoming fight with Tony Bellew.
These are the sort of terms, in this day and age, certainly with how we’ve gone on racism, how we’ve gone on sexism, this is the sort of language that is disgraceful.
The Fixture List
There’s more Munster Schools Senior Cup action tomorrow. Ard Scoil Rís are due to take on Glenstal Abbey in the semi-final at Thomond Park.
Mohamed Diame scored a freakish goal last night, to steal a win for Newcastle.
The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!