THERE’LL BE A new format for the prestigious Munster hurling colleges competition, the Dr Harty Cup, next season.
A decision was taken to move away from the five-team groups of recent years and the format will now follow the B & C Munster hurling competitions.
The eight teams that contested last year’s quarter-finals are seeded into eight different groups. The winners of each group will face the runner-up from another group at the last 16 stage.
There will be four rounds of action before Christmas with the quarter-finals, semi-finals and final to be held in the opening months of 2017.
The format for the Corn Uí Mhuirí will remain the same as recent years.
2016-17 Dr Harty Cup
- Group A - SNTN Doon, Coláiste Iosaef Kilmallock, CBC Cork
- Group B – Gaelcoláiste Mhuire AG, DLS Waterford, Thurles CBS
- Group C – Castletroy CC, HS Clonmel, Blackwater CS
- Group D – Hamilton HS Bandon, Ardscoil Rís
- Group E – Midleton CBS, St Colman’s Fermoy
- Group F – Our Lady’s Templemore, St Flannan’s Ennis
- Group G – Rochestown College, Charleville CBS
- Group H – Abbey CBS, Nenagh CBS
Corn Uí Mhuirí
- Group A – Rochestown College, Coláiste na Sceilge, Tralee CBS, Coláiste Choilm Ballincollig
- Group B – Clonakilty CC, HS Clonmel, Mercy Mounthawk Tralee, Coláiste Chríost Rí
- Group C – IS Killorglin, DLS Macroom, Hamilton HS Bandon, St Brendan’s Killarney
- Group D – St Fachtna’s Skibbereen, PS Chorca Dhuibhne, PS SL Rathmore, St Flannan’s Ennis
The42 is on Snapchat! Tap the button below on your phone to add!