- Andy Lee’s fight will now take place in Manchester on 10 October, according to Frank Warren.
- Reports today suggest Tiernan McCann is set for an eight-week ban, while Joe Brolly claims that decision would be “unlawful”.
- Some Irish boxers are now guaranteed medals at the European Championships.
- Former Gloucester winger Shane Monahan has joined Munster.
- John Evans has stepped down as Roscommon boss.
- Paddy Holohan’s opponent for UFC Dublin has been confirmed.
- The All Blacks have named their team to take on Australia this Saturday, with Richie McCaw set to break Brian O’Driscoll’s test cap record.
- Former Man City striker Paulo Wanchope was involved in a punch-up at a Costa Rica game.
- Man United target Pedro has reportedly asked to leave Barcelona.
- Scotland coach Vern Cotter has been offered a new deal despite his side’s disappointing Six Nations campaign.
- UFC star Anderson Silva has an unusual excuse for his missed drugs test.
The best thing we shared todaySource: Luke Reardon/YouTube
This preview has got us very excited for Andy Lee’s fight.
On the record
“Asking a guy a question like that, coming straight off a match, after winning by 13 points, a Man of the Match performance, what answer do we really expect from Johnny Glynn?”
Galway’s David Collins on team-mate Johnny Glynn’s recent infamous interview.
Where we were today
Fintan O’Toole was talking to Monaghan’s Conor McManus and Galway’s Jonathan Glynn — the players of the month in football and hurling respectively.
The fixture list
- Doncaster take on Leeds in the Capitol One Cup.
- The 2015 PGA Championship gets underway tomorrow.
A group of 20 Irish rowers are circumnavigating the country.
‘I would have been a bit critical last year that they didn’t come in’ – English happy with youth arrival>