Advertisement
Friday 3 February 2023 Dublin: 12°C
Tom Hogan/INPHO McGregor was filmed speaking in New York.
# Fighting Talk
McGregor claims Mayweather is 'afraid' as the pair continue to exchange verbal blows
The UFC star wants $100 million to enter the ring with Mayweather.

CONOR MCGREGOR HAS once again called Floyd Mayweather out, claiming that the boxing star is ‘afraid’ to enter the ring with him.

The war of words between the two shows no sign of stopping with McGregor attempting to lure the 39-year-old into a blockbuster bout by hitting back following comments made by Mayweather earlier in the week.

Fresh from making UFC history on Saturday night, McGregor was filmed in a New York night club demanding $100 million for any potential showdown between the two.

“As far as real fighting – true, pure unarmed combat – Floyd don’t want none of this,” he said in a video published by TNZ.

“I want the $100 million cash to fight him in boxing rules because he’s afraid of a real fight.”

Mayweather brought the curtain down on an illustrious boxing career in September 2015 but previously hinted the only opponent he would come out of retirement to fight would be McGregor.

A potential deal between the two parties appeared to hit a stumbling block a few months ago but with the pair continuing to exchange verbal blows, a match-up may still be on the cards.

Exclusive Six
Nations Analysis

Get Murray Kinsella’s exclusive analysis of Ireland’s Six Nations campaign this spring

Become a Member

The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!

‘The UFC didn’t even want to give me tickets to this fight’ – Diaz ready for McGregor trilogy

McGregor got him in the door but Kavanagh says Charlie Ward is worthy of UFC debut

Your Voice
Readers Comments
19