BE PART OF THE TEAM

Access exclusive podcasts, interviews and analysis with a monthly or annual membership

Become A Member
Dublin: 21°C Sunday 13 June 2021
Advertisement

Conor McGregor says he's BACK ON the fight card for UFC 200

The fighter has just made the announcement on social media.

UFC 194 Mixed Martial Arts Source: John Locher

CONOR MCGREGOR says he is set to fight at UFC 200 after a dramatic comeback announcement this morning.

The fighter tweeted the news to his followers just before 7am today.

The announcement comes as something of a surprise as his coach John Kavanagh had indicated last night that a deal seemed unlikely to be done.

As yet there has been no official confirmation from the UFC itself that McGregor is once more back in the frame for a tilt at UFC 200 opposite Nate Diaz.

Be part
of the team

Access exclusive podcasts, interviews and analysis with a monthly or annual membership.

Become a Member

“Happy to announce that I am BACK on UFC 200!” read McGregor’s tweet.

Shout out to @danawhite and @lorezofertitta on getting this one done for the fans. #Respect

McGregor has caused something of a meltdown in the sporting world in the last couple of weeks with an initial announcement that he planned to ‘retire young’, followed by a clarification that he did not intend to do so but was unhappy with the promotional duties that were expected of him by the UFC.

Featherweight champion McGregor was stunned by Diaz at UFC 196 last month after stepping up to welterweight, only to be submitted by a heavier, larger opponent, who came into the fight on 11 days’ notice.

The42 has attempted to contact McGregor’s management company to confirm the news.

Read: John Kavanagh: Do you want to see Conor’s best performances or hear his best soundbites?

Read: Conor McGregor and the Irish Dream… whatever that is

Read next:

COMMENTS (90)