THE SIX NOMINEES for the Bord Gáis Energy Sports Book of the Year have been confirmed.
Books on Paul O’Connell, Jason McAteer and John Kavanagh feature on the shortlist, with the winner set to be announced at a ceremony on 16 November.
In addition to the prize for best sports book, there are 15 categories in total spanning different literary genres.
Previous winners of the awards, include Seven Deadly Sins by David Walsh and The Test by Brian O’Driscoll, while Until Victory Always: A Memoir by Jim McGuinness won the prize last year.
The awards’ official site states that the winners are “decided by an online web-poll divided into two constituencies, a public vote and a specialist Academy vote, weighted equally and combined to produce the winners”.
You can vote for your favourite sports book, among other categories, here.
The following six books have been nominated.
- Win or Learn: John Kavanagh – Paul Dollery
- The Battle: Paul O’Connell – Paul O’Connell
- Blood, Sweat & McAteer – Jason McAteer
- Coolmore Stud – Alan Conway
- My Life In Rugby – Donal Lenihan
- Out Of Control – Cathal McCarron with Christy O’Connor
The42 is on Snapchat! Tap the button below on your phone to add!