- Connacht have added two of their new signings to their Champions Cup squad.
- Tom Hayes, brother of John, will take over as Shannon head coach.
- Cheltenham Gold Cup winner Don Cossack has been retired by trainer Gordon Elliot.
- In Harty Cup action, Our Lady’s Templemore beat Thurles CBS at The Ragg, while St Colman’s saw off CBC, Nenagh beat De La Salle in extra time and Midleton played out a draw with Ardscoil Ris.
- Ulster director of rugby Les Kiss says the season doesn’t hang on this weekend’s visit to Exeter.
- Premier League club Manchester City have been charged with an anti-doping violation relating to ‘club whereabouts’ by the FA.
- Claude Makelele is back in the Premier League as part of Swansea’s backroom team.
- England’s injury list is swelling by the day.
- All the big names in world sport have been shortlisted for one huge award.
- Here’s all today’s football transfer news. Consume with salt.
The Best Thing We Shared
Gerruptheyard! This GAA club brilliantly lampooned St Brigid’s player contract by drawing up their own set of rules.
On The Record
“The golfer swinging the club is more important than the club itself.”
– Rory McIlroy sounds pretty old school as he confirms he’ll mix and match clubs “week to week”
The Fixture List
Galway will take on NUIG in a Walsh Cup tie in Ballinasloe at 19.30. Elsewhere, on another west coast, the European rugby weekend gets under way with Bayonne and La Rochelle slugging it out in pool 1 of the Challenge Cup (19.45). In England, Reading host QPR in the Championship at 20.00.
When you’re as good as LeBron is, sometimes people just bow down and let you do your thing.
OK, so the Cavs actually lost this game to the Utah Jazz, but the king stay the king.
The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!