Dublin: 3°C Sunday 28 November 2021

Here are all the results from yesterday's GAA club action

With one final, three semi-finals and four quarter-finals, it was a busy day of GAA action up and down the country yesterday.

Castlehaven's Brian Hurley in action for Cork (FILE).
Castlehaven's Brian Hurley in action for Cork (FILE).
Image: ©INPHO/James Crombie

CASTLEHAVEN WILL PLAY Duhallow in the Cork SFC Final after a comfortable 2-09 to 0-09 victory over Carbery Rangers in Páirc Uí Rinn on Saturday evening.

Brian Hurley was on form again for the West Cork club as they look to win their first Senior county title since 2003.

St. Eunan’s will face either Naomh Conaill or Four Masters in the Donegal SFC Final thanks to a comprehensive 3-06 to 0-06 win against Dungloe in Ballybofey.

Key for the Letterkenny outfit were the goals of Mark McGowan and Lee McMonagle (two), as well as five points from Conor Gibbons.

Despite the best efforts of Adrian Hanlon (three points) for Dungloe, it will be St. Eunan’s who will contest for the Dr. Maguire cup.

Thomas McDonagh’s and Éire Óg-Annacarty will have to do it all again after a long range point by David Young near the end of extra-time allowed the holders to eke out a 1-12 to 2-09 draw in the first of Tipperary’s SFC quarter-finals on Saturday. The replay will be played in Templetuohy on Friday evening.

There were no such problems for Clonmel Commericals who will face Loughmore-Castleiney in the SFC semi-final after a comfortable six point victory over Arravle Rovers. The final score was 0-14 to 0-08.

The Nire are through to the Waterford SFC final after a 3-13 to 0-15 victory over Clashmore-Kinsalebeg in Dungarvan.

Flash Sale
50% OFF

Use promo code: FLASH50 at checkout to access exclusive analysis, insight and debate for only €21.

Become a Member

Goals from Shane Ryan, Jamie Barron and Thomas O’Gorman proved the difference in what was an open game of football.

Rathdowney-Errill are the 2012 Laois SHC winners after defeating Clough-Ballacolla 0-17 to 0-14 in a replay on Saturday evening in O’Moore Park.

Clough-Ballacolla were actually leading 13 points to 12 midway through the second half but the sending off of Tom Delaney proved crucial and Rathdowney-Errill used their extra man advantage to stretch away in the latter stages of the game.

Dicksboro emerged 3-15 to 0-19 winners over St. Martin’s the first of Saturday’s Kilkenny SHC quarter-final double-header in Nowlan Park with Cillian Buckley in sparkling form for the two-time All Ireland club champions.

In the second quarter-final, it was Ballyhale Shamrocks who survived a second half slump to beat Erins Own by 3-16 to 1-16 thanks in large part to three goals in three first-half minutes from Cha Fitzpatrick, Conor Walsh and Michael Fennelly.

The return of the King? It’s the sporting tweets of the week

The Sunday Papers: some of the week’s best sportswriting

About the author:

Steve O'Rourke

Read next: