Saturday 4 February 2023 Dublin: 9°C
INPHO/James Crombie St Brigids' Paddy Andrews celebrates after Barry Cahill scored a late goal.
# Last Four
Kilmacud Crokes and St Brigid's triumph
The semi-final line-up for the Dublin senior football championship was completed last night.

REIGNING CHAMPIONS ST Brigid’s will meet 2010 champions Kilmacud Crokes at the semi-final stage of this year’s Dublin SFC after both claimed victories in last night’s quarter-final ties in Parnell Park.

The sides will meet next Sunday afternoon at 2.15pm in Parnell Park and that will be followed by the second semi-final clash between Ballymun Kickhams and St Judes at 4pm at the same venue.

St Brigid’s were 1-14 to 2-9 victors over Templeogue Synge-Street with a 55th minute goal by Barry Cahill proving the crucial score. Templeogue Synge-Street had got off to a flying start when Eoghan O’Gara found the net in the 5th minute to propel them into a 1-2 to 0-1 lead.

However with Paddy Andrews in accurate form in front of goal, St Brigid’s chipped away at Templeogue Synge-Street’s advantage and were level at the break, 1-4 to 0-7.

Templeogue Synge-Street nearly found the net again before the break but Denis Bastic saw his effort from a penalty strike the bar yet he did raise a green flag in the 40th minute to push them in front by 2-6 to 0-9.

They were still ahead by 2-8 to 0-12 with six minutes remaining before Cahill struck a goal for St Brigid’s and John O’Loughlin added the insurance point in injury-time.

St Sylvesters’ Brian Sexton and Liam Og hEineachain of Kilmacud Crokes battle for possession. Pic: INPHO/James Crombie

Exclusive Six
Nations Analysis

Get Murray Kinsella’s exclusive analysis of Ireland’s Six Nations campaign this spring

Become a Member

In the second quarter-final clash last night, Kilmacud Crokes overturned St Sylvester’s by 1-6 to 0-6. In extremely difficult conditions it took a goal from Paul Mannion, an All-Ireland U21 winner with Dublin this year, to ultimately secure success for Kilmacud Crokes.

Mannion’s strike arrived in the 36th minute after the teams had been level at 0-3 apiece at the end of the first-half. Mannion struck 1-2 in all for Kilmacud Crokes while Mark Vaughan shot three points from frees.

St Sylvester’s were grateful to Micheal McCarthy and Darren Clarke for keeping them in touch on the scoreboard but ultimately their efforts fell short.

Kilmacud Crokes defenders Rory and Ross O’Carroll, along with substitutes Ryan O’Dwyer and Barry O’Rorke, were all part of the club’s hurling team who won the county senior title against Cuala last Sunday afternoon.

Club GAA Fixtures for the week ahead