This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 17 °C Saturday 21 September, 2019
Advertisement

Deal or no deal? Wenger denies Podolski's on the way

“Nothing is done. No, he has not had a medical,” the Gunners chief said today.

Image: Photo by Lars Baron/Bongarts/Getty Images

ARSENAL BOSS ARSENE WENGER has dismissed reports that the club have completed a deal for Cologne striker Lukas Podolski.

It had been reported that the Germany international recently passed a medical with the Premier League side ahead of a summer move to the Emirates.  However, Wenger has moved to deny the rumours and insisted that a timescale could not be put on Podolski’s arrival.

“Nothing is done. No, he has not had a medical,” Wenger told the club’s official website. ”I don’t master the timing (of any announcement) because that does not just rely on us. It could happen soon, it could happen later, I don’t know.

“It is always a concern (that someone else could come in for him). The speed in which you do things is important, but at the end of the day it is always the player who makes the decision.

“It is about how much they want to join you.”

The 26-year-old has scored 16 goals in 22 Bundesliga appearances this season and has 95 international caps for Germany.

Fantasyland: Back on your feet, time to do it all again

Muamba’s family: Midfielder faces long recovery

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

About the author:

TheScore Team

Read next:

COMMENTS