This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
Dublin: 14 °C Friday 20 September, 2019

Huge win for Hull while Cherries win thriller against West Ham

Everton matched their Premier League points tally from last season meanwhile.

Image: Nigel French

AN OUMAR NIASSE double gave Hull City a crucial win against Swansea City as the two sides battled to stay afloat in the Premier League.

Hull, who sit in 18th position after today, kept all three points from visiting Swansea, and are now just one point away from safety.

Niasse came on for Alfred N’Diaye in the 63rd minute, and put the ball in the net six minutes later. He doubled his tally in the 78th minute, before Alfie Mawson got a late consolation for Swansea.

At Goodison Park, Romelu Lukaku scored his 19th goal of the season as Everton beat West Brom 3-0.

The win puts Everton in 7th place with 47 points, equalling their total points from the entire of last season, with 10 games left to play.

Kevin Mirallas opened the scoring in the 39th minute, reacting quickest in the area before tucking away, with Morgan Schneiderlin then rounding off a fine first half with his first goal for the club.

West Brom enjoyed a little more time on the front foot after the interval, but they never had Everton looking particularly uncomfortable.

And ultimately Everton sauntered to victory, as Lukaku headed a third goal to overtake his previous Premier League best of 18 goals in a single season and put him level with Harry Kane as the Premier League’s top goalscorer.

Elsewhere, Bournemouth managed to overcome West Ham by three goals to two, despite two missed penalties and a late equaliser from the Hammers.

Bournemouth were awarded a penalty in the ninth minute after Sofiane Feghouli’s foul on Charlie Daniels, but the shot was put wide by Joshua King.

West Ham went 1-0 up less than a minute later, as Michail Antonio struck the net after a redeeming pass from Feghouli.

King then made up for his penalty miss by bringing Bournemouth level again in the 31st minute before Benik Afobe had Bournemouth’s second penalty saved by Darren Randolph.

King put Bournemouth 2-1 up just after half-time amid some shouts from West Ham for a hand ball.

André Ayew equalised for the Hammers in the 83rd minute, before King got his second to end Bournemouth’s 9-game winless run.

WATCH: Daryl Horgan scores his second goal for Preston North End

Silva and Aguero fire City into FA Cup semi-finals

The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article

About the author:

The42 Team

Read next: