Why are we asking you to sign in? Find out more here
By continuing, you are indicating that you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy .
Why are we asking you to sign in? Find out more here
By continuing, you are indicating that you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy .
Carl Frampton v Scott Quigg in Manchester is officially happening
IT HAS BEEN confirmed that Carl Frampton and Scott Quigg will fight for the IBF and WBA World Super-Bantamweight titles at the Manchester Arena on Saturday 27 February next year.
The much-anticipated bout was announced live on Sky Sports News this afternoon, with both fighters putting their unbeaten records on the line.
Belfast native Frampton has fought twice since winning his world title in September of last year, defeating Chris Avalos back in February, before overcoming Alejandro Gonzalez Jr.
“I’m delighted that we have finally got this fight signed,” said Frampton. “This is the fight everyone has wanted for years, none more so than myself. I’m the legitimate champion and I’m going to his backyard to defend my title because that’s what champions do. On 27 February the fans will find out who the real champion is, I’m going to win this fight in style.”
“I am very pleased that we have managed to get this fight made,” said Frampton’s manager Barry McGuigan. “It will be a momentous occasion for British and Irish boxing. This is the fight the fans have craved and the one we have wanted all along. The atmosphere will no doubt be electric, but there is only going to be one winner on 27 February, Carl ‘The Jackal’ Frampton!”
Information on tickets and the undercard is due to be announced later this month.
Micky Adams has left Sligo and is returning to England for ‘family reasons’>
‘Henry Shefflin would be playing first centre, Brian Cody would be in rugby’>
To embed this post, copy the code below on your site
Barry McGuigan Boxing Carl Frampton Eddie Hearn Happy Days OFFICIAL Scott Quigg Sky sports News