This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 5 °C Thursday 12 December, 2019
Advertisement

Harte dismisses talk of Philip Jordan retirement

He’s going nowhere says Tyrone manager – but defender fails to show at training last night.

TYRONE MANAGER Mickey Harte says there’s no truth in the rumours that star defender Philip Jordan is set to retire – despite intense speculation to the contrary.

Jordan took an extended winter break to recover from hip surgery and made his first appearance of the season as a substitute in the Allianz Football Division Two win over Kildare on Sunday.

But soon afterwards rumours began to spread that the 30-year-old had decided to call it a day. The BBC then tweeted the following:

Last year  Mickey Harte managed to persuade the Moy clubman to stay on despite exit fears and he finished the season by picking up his third All Star. Now the manager seems to be battling to keep a hold on the player again.

Paul Keane, in the Irish Examiner, writes: “Jordan was unavailable for comment throughout yesterday but boss Harte left little room for uncertainty, insisting that the Moy club man is still very much part of the panel and blamed internet users for the rumours.

‘That’s not true (regarding retirement), it’s an internet thing at the minute, there’s no other story to it,’ said a clearly irritated Harte.

Tyrone must beat Meath in their final round National League tie in Navan on Sunday and hope other results go their way.

Read more in the Irish Examiner>

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

About the author:

Read next:

COMMENTS