INPHO/James Crombie Oulart-The-Ballagh's Garrett Sinnott.
Wins for Oulart, Kilcormac and Mt Leinster Rangers in Leinster hurling
The quarter-final action took place today in Nowlan Park, Portlaoise and Mullingar.

Oulart-The-Ballagh 0-20
Clara 2-11

OULART-THE-BALLAGH’S quest to win a Leinster senior hurling club title is still on track after their quarter-final success against Clara today in Nowlan Park.

Oulart-The-Ballagh entered the game after recently winning their fifth successive Wexford senior hurling title but they have lost the last three provincial deciders.

In contrast this was unchartered territory for their opponents Clara, just a week after they had won the Kilkenny senior hurling crown for the first time in 27 years.

Clara got off to a terrific start as they lead by 0-5 to 0-1 after 7 minutes and by 0-7 to 0-4 by the 15th minute mark.

But Oulart-The-Ballagh hit back to be 0-8 to 0-7 ahead at the interval thanks to a David Redmond point. They forged ahead early in the second-half but were rocked by two goals that Clara notched in a four minute spell.

The first arrived in the 42nd minute from Chris Bolger before James Nolan smashed home the second one in the 46th minute to put them into a 2-11 to 0-14 lead.

Yet they failed to score for the remainder of the game as points from Des Mythen (2), Rory Jacob, Garrett Sinnott (2) and Conor O’Leary helps Oulart-The-Ballagh come from behind to claim a three-point win.

Kilcormac-Killoughey 1-18
Camross 1-10

REIGNING CHAMPIONS KILCORMAC-Killoughey got their Leinster campaign off to a positive start with a victory today against Camross in Portlaoise.

Their quarter-final success sets up a semi-final meeting with Wexford’s Oulart-The-Ballagh, who they defeated in last year’s Leinster decider.

Camross began brightly with Zane Keenan and Aaron Moore leading the way in the scoring stakes as they edge them into a 0-6 to 0-3 lead after 15 minutes.

Kilcormac found back and inspired by Ciaran Slevin they moved into a 0-10 to 0-8 advantage at the break. In the second-half, they increased their dominance and James Gorman found the net to put Danny Owens side into a commanding position.

Camross did grab a late consolation goal from Tomás Burke but the Offaly champions ran out winners by an eight-point margin.

Mount Leinster Rangers 1-15
Castletown Geoghegan 1-13

CARLOW CHAMPIONS MOUNT Leinster Rangers booked a semi-final date against the winners of next weekend’s Dublin county final with today’s Leinster quarter-final success in Mullingar.

Castletown Geoghegan lead by 1-7 to 0-5 at the break with Alan Mangan finding the net for them. Niall O’Brien was in good point-scoring form for the Westmeath side but then Mount Leinster Rangers hit back in the second-half.

Eddie Byrne hit a goal for Mount Leinster Rangers and they ultimately ground out a two-point success.

Lehane stars as Midleton end 22-year wait for Cork senior hurling title

Ballymun and St Vincent’s to meet again as Dublin SFC final ends in draw

Your Voice
Readers Comments
    Submit a report
    Please help us understand how this comment violates our community guidelines.
    Thank you for the feedback
    Your feedback has been sent to our team for review.