- Stuart McCloskey and Josh van der Flier will make their Ireland debuts against England after being named in the team for this Saturday’s Six Nations clash.
- Meanwhile, England have made two changes for the game while head coach Eddie Jones has been stirring the pot this afternoon.
- The GPA has called upon delegates to oppose the introduction of a ‘B’ championship ahead of next week’s GAA Congress.
- Clare hurler Domhnall O’Donovan, the 2013 All-Ireland final hero, has stepped down from the intercounty panel due to work commitments.
- Carl Frampton and Scott Quigg met at a heated press conference today ahead of Saturday’s world super-bantamweight title showdown in Manchester.
- Ireland’s Fergal O’Brien recorded the first 147 of his career at the Championship League snooker tournament.
- Manchester United, Liverpool and Tottenham are all in action in the Europa League. Follow all tonight’s games live here.
- Steph Curry macthed the NBA record for three-pointers as the Golden State Warriors earned a win over the Miami Heat last night.
The Best Thing We Shared
Our own Murray Kinsella talks to former Ireland head coach Eddie O’Sullivan on the latest episode of The42′s Rugby Show.Source: The42.ie/YouTube
On The Record
I definitely believe I’m a better boxer now than I was four years ago and you haven’t seen the best of me yet and that’s really exciting for me going forward.” - Ireland’s world and Olympic champion Katie Taylor on the Rio Games.
Where we were today
Ryan Bailey met Dublin footballer Rory O’Carroll at the launch of Adidas & Life Style Sports Boost Run.
- There’s Fitzgibbon Cup action tomorrow as UCD play UL (1pm) and LIT face Mary I (3pm).
- Ireland’s U20s take on England at Kingston Park tomorrow (6.05pm).
- In the Six Nations, Wales and France face off on Friday (8.05pm).
- UCD and UL will contest the Collingwood Cup final at The Mardyke in Cork (4pm).
Sports Illustrated have made a short film about Ireland’s UFC champion Conor McGregor ahead of his bout with Nate Diaz.
The42 is on Snapchat! Tap the button below on your phone to add!