Gerrard scored from the spot before limping off late in Tuesday’s 3-2 win against Spurs.
Reports this morning indicated that he could miss up to three weeks, ruling him out of a crunch run of six games in 19 days which will define the Reds’ season on three fronts.
Assistant manager Colin Pascoe said that there will be no definitive prognosis until the scan results are back.
“Unfortunately, he felt his hamstring towards the end of the game and he is having a scan this morning and we are just waiting for results to come back,” he said.
“Hopefully the scans won’t show too much but as we’ve not got the results I can’t say too much.”
Liverpool’s run of games looks like this:
- FA Cup v Crystal Palace (14 Feb, 5.30pm)
- Europa League 1st leg v Besiktas (19 Feb, 8.05pm)
- Premier League v Southampton (22 Feb, 4.15pm)
- Europa League 2nd leg v Besiktas (26 Feb, 6pm)
- Premier League v Man City (1 Mar, 12 noon)
- Premier League v Burnley (4 Mar, 8pm)
With Lucas set to miss up to six weeks, Liverpool could do without another injury in midfield.